We believe that everyone has the right to associate with others and gather together for a common purpose - the right to protest – however, we also believe that this must be done legally and peacefully. Sadly, there are numerous examples where people have become seriously injured, or even killed, and widespread damage has been caused. Again, the reasons for this are many and varied, some are protester/ third party caused, some caused by the person or organisation responding.
If you are involved in developing measures to protect your organisation or enhance its business resilience, Eclipse can help you with the following steps:
Our threat monitoring service provides a detailed analysis of the current threats to your organisation and enables potential changes to the threat assessment. We do this by:
• assessment and analysis of relevant commercial reports
• relevant ‘open source’ information gathering and analysis
• investigation, surveillance and directed research
• threat/risk forecasting and anticipation, based upon detailed analysis of previous threats and actions
This service is normally provided on a monthly subscription basis and would include
• a monthly report on general protest and related activity across the UK and, if appropriate, other parts of the world
• incident notification by email to provide information on relevant security incidents
• incident alerts by phone for activities we feel require action to prevent or minimise the impact
Eclipse will consult with you to develop policies and procedures and provide the relevant amount of training to different groups within your business. We will help you develop a communications plan together with ensuring you have appropriate facilities to gather evidence, such as cctv, surveillance.
Eclipse will supply you with an on-site Security Adviser. The adviser will assist your current security provider to build the increased risks into their plans and assessments and ensure that they are on hand to advise and lead where a protest situation has arisen.
All of Eclipse’s team uphold the highest levels of professionalism and work ethically to maintain business reputation for both yourself, clients and Eclipse.
Eclipse has advisers specializing in the removal of protesters where a protester may have fixed themselves to your building or property. We will advise on the best method of safe extraction and can liaise with police and technical intervention removal teams.
All our advisors and Managers have extensive experience in dealing with protest and conflict management, through specialist training and on the ground interaction.